• 1. eTA Introduction

    Starting March 15, 2016, visa-exempt foreign nationals who fly to or transit through Canada will need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA).
    Exceptions include U.S. citizens and foreign nationals with a valid visa.
    Canadian citizens, including dual citizens, are not eligible to apply for an eTA and are strongly encouraged to travel with a valid Canadian passport.
    All travellers must be outside of Canada and travelling to Canada by air.
    All travellers must present acceptable travel documents and identification must be presented at the border.
    The authorization is electronically linked to your passport and is valid for five years or until your passport expires, whichever comes first.
    To visit Canada, you will need to meet some basic requirements, such as:
    - have a valid travel document, such as a passport,
    - be in good health,
    - have no criminal or immigration-related convictions,
    - convince an immigration officer that you have ties—such as a job, home, financial assets or family—that will take you back to your home country,
    - convince an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit, and have enough money for your stay.
    - (The amount of money you will need can vary. It depends on things such as how long you will stay, and whether you will stay in a hotel, or with friends or relatives.)
    You may also need a:
    - medical exam and
    - letter of invitation from someone who lives in Canada.
  • 2. eTA Eligibility and Conditions

    Only those applicants who are the holder of an eTA eligible passport of the following countries shown below can apply.
    # Countries available for eTA
    Andorra Australia Austria Bahamas Barbados
    Belgium British - Citizen British - National (Overseas) British - Overseas Citizen Brunei Darussalam
    Bulgaria Chile Croatia Cyprus Czech Republic
    Denmark Estonia Finland France Germany
    Greece Holy See (Vatican City State) Hong Kong SAR Hungary Iceland
    Ireland Israel Italy Japan Korea, Republic of
    Latvia Liechtenstein Lithuania Luxembourg Malta
    Mexico Monaco Netherlands New Zealand Norway
    Papua New Guinea Poland Portugal Samoa San Marino
    Singapore Slovakia Slovenia Solomon Islands Spain
    Sweden Switzerland Taiwan, Province of China
    And also the following foreign nationals can apply an eTA:
    - Persons who have been lawfully admitted to the United States for permanent residence (United States Permanent Residents).
    - British overseas citizen who is re-admissible to the United Kingdom
    - Holder of a passport or travel document issued by the Holy See.
    - Holder of a national Israeli passport.
    - Holder of a passport issued by the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China.
    - Holder of a passport issued by the United Kingdom to a British National (Overseas), as a person born, naturalized or registered in Hong Kong.
    - Holder of an ordinary passport issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Taiwan that includes the personal identification number of the individual. Note: Taiwanese citizens who hold a passport issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Taiwan that does not include their personal identification number need a visa to come to Canada.
    If you have any of the followings, you do not require an eTA.
    - A visitor entering Canada by land or sea
    - A citizen of France residing in and travelling from St. Pierre and Miquelon
    - A student with a valid study permit for Canada, which I obtained on or after August 1, 2015
    - A foreign worker with a valid work permit for Canada, which I obtained on or after August 1, 2015
    - A person holding valid status in Canada and entering Canada from the United States or St. Pierre and Miquelon
    - A member of Visiting Forces visiting Canada on official duties/orders
    - A member of flight crew, a civil aviation inspector or an accident investigator
    - An accredited diplomat
  • 3. How to apply

    - To apply you must have a valid passport or accepted travel document, credit card, and email address.
    - It is important that the details provided for your eTA application are exactly the same as they appear in your passport and to carry that passport during your travel.
  • 4. After applying eTA

    In most cases, you will receive a confirmation email within 12 hours. However, some requests may need more time to process. If this is the case for your application, you can expect an email from CIC within 72 hours that tells you what your next steps are.
    You will be notified by email when your eTA is approved. Your eTA is linked to the passport you used in your eTA application. You will need to present the passport you used to apply for your eTA to airline staff each time you board a flight to Canada.
    Your eTA authorizes you to visit Canada for up to six months or until the date prescribed by a border services officer on your arrival to Canada. If you need to stay in Canada longer, you must apply to extend your stay at CIC.
    Once you have an eTA, it will be valid for five years, or until your passport expires, whichever comes first.
    Note: A valid eTA and travel document (passport) will facilitate your entry to Canada. When you arrive at the border, a border services officer will ask to see your passport or travel documents and ask you a few questions. The officer will then decide if you can enter Canada.


After your application is submitted and ETA is viewable on the status page, or get an Authorized ETA,
cancellation is not available and customers may not request for a refund.
The service completed before process of approval or on hold), cancellation and refund requests are available.
- Cancellation and Refund Requirements : During your applications are submitted and is still in the process of waiting for an approval, cancellation and refund requests are available.
* After the process of approval or on hold, Section 1 will be applied.
Cancellations and refunds will be processed within a day of the request.